Re: I-0436: Compliance Claims Against A Flawed PP
- Subject: Re: I-0436: Compliance Claims Against A Flawed PP
- From: "NIAP Interpretations Board" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:30:05 -0700
- Content-description: Mail message body
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
- Priority: normal
- Reply-to: email@example.com
Jim Arnold stated:
>> I don't think it is reasonable to ask the ST evaluation team to seek
>> of the PP authors in order to try to reconcile problems in the ST.
The NIB agrees, but points out that this is not being called for in I-0436. The
current OR process calls for the evaluator to submit an OR to the CCEVS. During
its research on providing an OD in response, the Chief Validator body of the
CCEVS -- not the evaluator -- consults with the PP author.
As a result of such an OD, a PD entry is made, thereby capturing the intent of
the PP author. This should address the concern about getting a different answer
to the same question: after the answer has been captured, the same question
need not be submitted again.
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Problems or questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org