RE: PD-0091: Dependencies of Requirements on the IT Environment
- Subject: RE: PD-0091: Dependencies of Requirements on the IT Environment
- From: Nir Naaman <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:44:10 +0200
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <4017D80D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wednesday, January 28 Dirk-Jan Out wrote:
> This boils down to: you cannot generally use FPT_SEP in
> unmodified form in a software-only TOE as the CC is currently written.
> Work is ongoing in- and outside the CCIMB to rectify this.
> But in v2.1 (and v2.2) you will be stuck with this.
Note that the NSA/NIST Protection Profile Review Board (PPRB) "Protection
Profile (PP) Consistency Guidance for Basic Robustness" has a suggestion
for FPT_SEP in software-only TOEs:
FPT_SEP_EXP.1 The TSF shall maintain a security domain that protects it from
interference and tampering by untrusted subjects initiating actions through
its own TSFI.
FPT_SEP_EXP.2 The TSF shall enforce separation between the security domains
of subjects in the TOE Scope of Control.
I think that this together with I-0463 is consistent with what you're saying
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Problems or questions? Contact email@example.com