Re: RI # 180 - COV.3 dependency on FSP.1
- Subject: Re: RI # 180 - COV.3 dependency on FSP.1
- From: "NIAP Interpretations Board" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:35:47 -0800
- Content-description: Mail message body
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
- Priority: normal
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Draft Interpretation gives only the result of the thought that led up to
it; the line of reasoning should be made more explicit so that readers are
better able to understand its purpose without having to reference paragraphs
317-318 of the CC part 3.
A suggested update:
The purpose of ATE_COV is to test the security-relevant behaviour of the TSF
through its interfaces. In order to achieve the complete testing of these
interfaces as required by ATE_COV.3, these interfaces must be fully described.
Therefore, the dependency of ATE_COV.3 should be on ADV_FSP.2, thereby ensuring
that all details of effects, exceptions, and error messages are provided to
facilitate the rigorous testing of the security-relevant external interfaces.
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Problems or questions? Contact email@example.com